CIMPA-ICTP Fellowship Program 2022 for Researchers in Mathematics (Funded)
Deadline: December 31, 2021
The International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) and the International Centre for Pure and Applied Mathematics are inviting applications for the CIMPA-ICTP Fellowship Program 2022. The fellowship program makes it possible for researchers in mathematics based in a developing country to come to Europe to collaborate with a colleague for a period of at least 6 weeks.
During this period, it is expected that the researchers will work together on a well-substantiated research project, mainly at the institute of the European colleague. The laureate must include a visit to CIMPA on the campus of Université Côte d’Azur or to ICTP in Trieste in order to record/broadcast a mini-course (approximately 8 hours, in French or English) on mathematics at master/beginning of PhD level. Note that this is an important part of the application as the lectures will become an exemplary course for all students who want to learn about this topic. It needs therefore to be prepared with great care.
- The maximum amount of support is 10,000 Euros. Alone or with other supports, this should cover all the costs (transportation, accommodation, insurance, PCR test, quarantine, etc.) of the laureate during the entire visit. The amount is determined based on the length, location and activities and travel costs of the laureate. It can only cover her or his personal costs.
- The candidate is a researcher holding a PhD in mathematics who is based in a developing country at the time of the application and which passport indicates a nationality from a developing country.
- The European colleague is a researcher holding a PhD in mathematics who will be based, throughout the candidate’s entire stay, in one of the following countries: Germany, Spain, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland.
- The laureate and his/her colleague may propose to carry out part of their collaboration (one to two weeks) in one of the partner centres: CRM, CIRM, ICTP or MFO. In this case, the cost of the colleague’s stay (but not the travel) will be covered by CIMPA, ICTP or the partner centre in addition to the financial support already offered.
- In addition to his or her collaborative research project, the laureate may schedule visits to other laboratories or centres (not limited to the above countries but within Europe) to meet with other colleagues or attend courses or conferences. This “non-collaboration” time will represent no more than 1/4 of the total time of the visit.
Applications for a visit between March and the end of December 2022 are open until December 31, 2021 and must be submitted through the online form. A PDF version of this form is available, containing the fields to be filled out as well as additional details on the terms and conditions.
For more information, visit CIMPA-ICTP Fellowships.