Acumen Academy Inclusive Economy Leadership Program 2022 for Southeast Asia (fully-funded)
Deadline: March 3, 2022
Applications are open for the Inclusive Economy Leadership Program 2022, a program for social entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, corporate intrapreneurs and public sector leaders in Southeast Asia. The Inclusive Economy Leadership Program (Southeast Asia) is a 10-week leadership accelerator designed to equip you with the character and competence to address the complex challenges of poverty and economic inequality.
During these 10-weeks, you will take part in weekly virtual learning labs, virtual group discussions and work on individual assignments. The experience:
- Runs over 10 weeks, fully virtual
- Attend weekly virtual Learning Labs
- Engage in weekly consultations with peers
- Study curated readings that cultivate a richer understanding of your social change work
- Learn frameworks for leading social change and for holding values in tension
- Complete weekly assignments to practice your new learnings
Upon completing the 10-week program, participants are admitted to The Foundry, an invite-only community designed to accompany entrepreneurs and leaders from around the world by connecting them with the social capital (resources and relationships) to amplify their work in building a just, inclusive and sustainable world.
The program runs from May until July 2022. Group virtual synchronous sessions are held every Thursday beginning 5 May until 7 July and there will be a closing session on 8 July.
Foundry members have exclusive access to:
- Events to learn and connect with fellow foundry members
- Professional development opportunities that may include pro-bono consulting services and professional leadership coaching
- Experts within the Acumen Ecosystem for mentorship or advisory sessions
- Referrals to affiliated leadership programs and platforms
- Access to funding / grants offered ad hoc by other organisations or through referrals within the Acumen network
This program is offered for free thanks to the support of partners at Acumen.
- Leaders who have committed at least 4 years to tackling poverty or inequality.
- Must be based in Southeast Asia.
To be eligible for this program, you should:
- Currently live in one of the following SEA countries: Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Timor-Leste or Brunei
- Demonstrate a long term commitment to tackling issues related to poverty and economic inequality including more than 4 years of work
experience in the sector
- Be in a position of leadership where you work, meaning you have the capacity to influence change
- Demonstrate self-awareness and the ability to challenge yourself to grow as a leader
- Live in a place with telephone and internet coverage so that you can actively participate in an online learning environment
- Have the ability to read and write texts of medium complexity in English and basic handling of social platforms (e.g. Whatsapp)
- Note: There are no specific academic requirements. Some participants have no formal education, others have degrees from global institutions
- Note: There is neither a minimum age requirement, nor a maximum age cut off
They are looking for participants who:
- are eager to reflect on and grow their leadership capabilities
- are excited about learning with and from peers
- are working to build a more just, inclusive, sustainable world
They will review applications on a rolling basis and invite finalists for a 45-minute video interview. From there, the final cohort will be announced and formed.
For more information, visit Acumen Academy.