Embassy of France in Nigeria Calls for Nigerian English Language Assistants to Teach in France
Deadline: February 25, 2022
Would you like to become an English Language Assistant in France for 7 months? The Embassy of France in Nigeria is accepting applications for the position of English language assistant to work in France during the 2022-2023 school year.
This program allows you to familiarize yourself with the language and culture of France while bringing the authenticity of your language and the richness of your culture to schools. This international mobility thus offers you a possibility of training and a beginning of professionalization, thus bringing an undeniable added value to your career.
Language assistants in France are assigned to schools (primary or secondary). The role of the assistant is to improve the students’ communication skills, especially orally, and to deepen their knowledge of a different civilization and culture. It generally intervenes in support of the work carried out by the modern language teachers of the school and/or the educational establishment.
He can intervene with the whole class in the presence of the teacher or take small groups of students apart. The specificities of the assistant allow him to encourage students to express themselves orally, to bring a playful dimension to learning and to discuss socio-cultural themes.
- The monthly salary was set at €976.49 gross before deduction of various mandatory deductions (social security, etc.), i.e. around €770 to €785 net.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions.
- Candidates must have completed their secondary education in Nigeria.
- Candidates must be enrolled at any Nigerian university at the time of application.
- Candidates must have completed at least two years of university studies.
- A minimum Level B1 in French is required.
- Candidates must be native English speakers.
- Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview (physical or online) in one of the following locations depending on the city closest to your place of residence: Abuja (Institut français du Nigeria) and Alliances Françaises in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Enugu Kaduna, Owerri, Ilorin, Kano, Jos or Maiduguri.
For more information, visit Teach English in France.