Apply for the Keeling Curve Prize 2022 (up to $25,000)
Deadline: February 10, 2022
Applications are open for the Keeling Curve Prize 2022. Each year, they locate and fund the best climate solutions the world has to offer. Their goal is to bend the Keeling Curve. To that end, the team is looking for projects with a proven track record of taking greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere.
They have developed five categories, each one addressing a specific sector of climate innovation:
- Carbon Sinks (Natural & Engineered): Projects in this category are advancing technological and nature-based strategies for capturing and/or utilizing heat-trapping gases from the air or oceans.
- Energy: Projects in this category decarbonize energy, support zero carbon energy innovations, and lead the way in improving the supply, distribution, and access of low or zero-emissions energy systems worldwide.
- Finance: Projects in this category are making financial mechanisms and economics work for greenhouse gas reduction and/or reversal ventures.
- Social & Cultural Pathways: Projects in this category are changing the way people consider, understand, and act concerning human impacts on planet Earth. They are trying to answer the question: what does it take, socially and culturally, to develop beyond fossil fuels?
- Transport & Mobility: Projects that apply in this category are reimagining and reinventing all types of vehicles, fuels, and mobility options for both people and products. These projects will confront the carbon footprint of the vehicles themselves and the routes traveled.
- They award $25,000 to two projects in each category annually.
- They welcome entries for active projects or programs from anywhere in the world.
- The Keeling Curve Prize is awarded for current programs and projects only. Applications centered on past work, unimplemented ideas or untested hypotheses will not be accepted.
- All applications must be submitted in English. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.
- Your project may align with more than one prize category. The application form requires that you designate a primary category for your application, but also allows you to list secondary categories for consideration. However, applicants are only eligible to win in one category in any given year.
- Applicants that have not received an award are welcome to apply in subsequent years.
- Previous prize winners may submit applications for new projects that are different from their previously awarded project and that utilize different methods and approaches to reduce or increase uptake of greenhouse gas emissions.
The prize application period closes at 11:59 PM GMT, February 10, 2022. To be considered, your application must be completed and submitted before this time, and before the cap of 500 applications is reached.
For more information, visit Keeling Curve Prize.