Deadline: March 18, 2022
Applications are open for the DFS Lab & Stellar Blockchain Bootcamp 2022. The Bootcamp is designed to give early to mid-stage startups in Africa an opportunity to build on Stellar, an open-source blockchain network for financial services and products.
The bootcamp is a virtual three-day design sprint allowing participating companies to answer critical business questions with hands-on technical support and guidance from members of DFS Lab and Stellar Development Foundation (SDF). Companies that join the sprint will define a problem, storyboard a solution, and develop a rapid prototype of their innovation. The design sprint will be run virtually and they will be operating from East Africa Time.
- The bootcamp will result in a demo day where companies with the most promising solutions built on Stellar will be awarded prizes from $5,000 to $20,000 worth of XLM, Stellar’s native currency.
- There will be opportunities for follow-on funding for additional grants, potential investment from SDF’s Matching Fund and other investors who will be present at the demo day.
- Fintech companies, blockchain native companies, and crypto-curious companies operating in Africa and looking to advance existing services or embed digital asset solutions into their models for the first time are all encouraged to apply.
- This is an exciting opportunity to support the blockchain-oriented ideas of African developers and startups, equip them with practical tools and education, and provide support to create viable solutions that fit local needs.
- Bootcamp Dates: The week of April 25 – the exact days to be updated.
- Demo Day Date: TBD
For more information, visit Blockchain Bootcamp.