The Geneva Challenge 2022: International Contest for Graduate Students (Fully-funded to Geneva + 25,000 CHF in monetary prizes)
Deadline: April 20, 2022
The Geneva Challenge 2022 International Contest for Graduate Students is now open for applications. The idea is to gather contributions that are both theoretically grounded and offer pragmatic solutions to a relevant international development problem stemming from an interdisciplinary collaboration between three to five enrolled master students from anywhere in the world. This year, students are asked to submit contributions that aim to offer solutions to The Challenges of Poverty Reduction.
- Five finalist teams, one team per continent, will be invited (complying with COVID-19 restrictions; travel and accommodation expenses covered) to an oral presentation in Geneva, where they will defend their ideas and answer questions from the jury and the public.
- The finalists will also be invited to an awards ceremony where the contest results will be announced, preceded by a high-level keynote speech.
- The contest distributes 25,000 CHF in monetary prizes.
- The winning project will be awarded CHF 10,000;
- the two teams in second place will receive CHF 5,000 each and
- the two teams in third place, CHF 2,500 each.
- Participants must be enrolled as graduate students at the time of their registration for the contest.
- They must gather in teams of 3 (three) to 5 (five) graduate students. In the submitted analysis, they should contribute with an interdisciplinary approach or from at least 2 (two) different disciplinary perspectives.
- Projects will have a maximum length of 8000 (eight thousand) words excluding all notes, graphics and references and must be written in English or French.
- The submissions will combine theoretical analyses, creativity, critical thinking on technical assistance, capacity building and on the agency of development. Entries must be original.
Participants must register by April 20th 2022 under the link below. They will then have time until July 13th 2022 to submit their contribution.
For more information, visit Geneva Challenge.