Netflix Creative Equity Scholarship Fund 2022 for Students in East Africa
Deadline: April 22, 2022
Applications are open for the Netflix Creative Equity Scholarship Fund 2022. The CESF is designed to provide financial assistance through full scholarships at partner higher educational institutions (HEI) in Kenya, to support the formal qualification and training of aspiring creatives from the East African region.
Netflix, the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, has committed KSH 33,000,000 towards a Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF) in East Africa that will provide financial support to African creatives to access quality tertiary education in film and TV-focused disciplines at sought-after academic programs/institutions for the 2022 academic year. This is part of Netflix’s ongoing efforts to invest in Africa’s creative industries and for more diverse and new voices to tell African stories.
- The scholarship will cover the costs for tuition, accommodation, study materials and living expenses at institutions to which beneficiaries have gained admission to pursue a course of study in the TV & film disciplines.
This scholarship opportunity is open to:
- New and ongoing certificate, diploma and degree students pursuing a course of study in Film and TV disciplines (screen production disciplines in particular).
- Students accepted or enrolled in the following academic institutions:
- Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI)
- Kenya Film School (KFS)
- KCA University
- Kenyatta University
- United States International University Africa (USIU)
- Students from the following countries in the East African region; Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania enrolled in the aforementioned academic institutions.
- Students who are above 18 years of age and have attained high school qualification.
- Students that can demonstrate financial need and have been unable to secure meaningful financial aid from other sources (e.g HELB)
As you take some time to share your details, personal statements and testimonies for this application, give concise and inspiring personal stories that will help the organisers get to know you better.
Applicants who complete the application form will receive a notification that their application has been received.
For more information, visit Netflix CESF.