Deadline: April 23, 2022
Applications are open for interested young persons to join the ASEAN Youth Advisory Group of ASEAN Digital Literacy Program 2022. The ASEAN Foundation, with the support of Google.org, will implement ASEAN Digital Literacy Program (ADLP) from 2022 to 2024.
The regional program aims to combat misinformation and disinformation in the region by providing digital literacy training for youth, teachers, parents, community leaders and government officials in collaboration with local implementing partners. The program will include a strong awareness campaign element to ensure that the importance of media and information literacy is better understood by a wider audience and inspire people to become the agent of change that can help detect and prevent hoaxes and fake news from spreading.
To achieve this, the ASEAN Foundation, with the support of Google.org, will establish a Youth Advisory Group (YAG) comprising selected youth from ten ASEAN countries. The YAG will help ensure that the benefits of ADLP can reach the communities at the grassroots level. In the implementation of the program, the YAG will be involved in several key activities such as awareness-raising campaigns, deep-dive research and training delivery, to name a few. Before performing their role, the youth in the YAG will first receive training on the topic of misinformation and disinformation.
Scope of Work
- Become key respondent for the initial stage of the research and survey
- Support the research activity in mapping relevant key stakeholders
- Support the program in ensuring the high number of youth participation for the training activities.
- Design and implement awareness-raising projects to combat misinformation and disinformation at the national and regional levels.
- Produce articles and news around media literacy and information disseminated through different media platforms.
- Provide strategic advice to the ASEAN Foundation and its local implementing partners on media literacy and information-related issues and how to address them.
- Participate in the relevant ASEAN Senior Officials/Working Group meetings to give feedback on the ASEAN agenda on the media literacy and information
- Open to youth aged 15-35 years. Individuals under the age of 18 will need the consent of their parents or guardians (they will provide the appropriate forms).
- Ensuring equity & inclusion: Young people who, because of gender, disability, health status, care status, ethnicity, refugee status/statelessness, sexual orientation or family income can face marginalisation and be excluded from decision making.
- Geographical representation: 10 ASEAN Members States
- Champion/advocate: Young people with experience in advocating or championing digital security & digital literacy will be prioritised for engagement.
- Lived experiences: Young people that can bring their lived experience into their advocacy.
- Online presence: Young people that have good social media followers and/or active on social media.
Applications must be received by April 23, 2022. No late application will be considered.
For more information, visit ASEAN YAG.