L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards 2023 (up to €100,000)
Deadline: May 31, 2022
The Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO invite you to nominate eminent women scientists for the 2023 L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards. The International Awards are given out in alternate years to women researchers either in life sciences or in physical sciences, mathematics and computer science.
The 2023 International Awards will designate five outstanding researchers in Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science, each working in one of the following regions: Africa and the Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean and North America.
The five laureates will be selected by an international jury for their exceptional contribution to scientific advancement and will be acknowledged during the International Awards Ceremony in March 2023 in Paris.
About the Award
Since 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science program has recognized and celebrated eminent women in science throughout the world. To date, the L’Oréal-UNESCO partnership has distinguished 122 eminent women at the height of their scientific careers and supported more than 3800 promising young women scientists from more than 110 countries at doctoral and postdoctoral levels.
- Each of the Laureates will receive €100,000.
- The candidate must be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community;
- Be actively involved in scientific research;
- Be involved in any field of Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science.
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the advancement of science.
- The impact of the candidate’s research work on the current state of her scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents…)
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications
- The recognition of the candidate’s commitment to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
The nomination files must be submitted by May 31, 2022 (France GMT/UTC + 2h). Only completed nominations received by this deadline will be considered.
Nominations must be submitted through the dedicated online platform.
For more information, visit L’Oréal-UNESCO.