Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Program 2022 for Kenyan Female Entrepreneurs
Deadline: May 24, 2022
Applications are open for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Program 2022 for Kenyan Female Entrepreneurs. The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is an award-winning training and coaching platform specifically designed for women micro-business owners.It gives enterprising women the knowledge, networks, and access they need to launch and scale successful businesses.
By promoting women’s economic opportunities and ensuring that women have the capabilities and resources needed to participate in the economy, the AWE program directly supports the U.S. National Strategy on Gender Equity and Equality. AWE uses a hybrid model that combines the online platform Dream Builder (developed through a partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and global copper mining company Freeport-McMoRan) with in-class mentoring and facilitation.
The AWE program will enable you to:
- Gain access to specialized entrepreneurial training and career mentorship.
- Gain exposure to essential business resources and tools.
- Be inspired to turn a brilliant idea into a robust business.
- Network with and learn from successful and established women business leaders and mentors.
- Open to Kenyan women entrepreneurs between 25 years to 45 years and fluent in English.
- Resident in Nairobi, Lamu, Mombasa and Nakuru.
- Have recently started a business and have at least a year experience selling their product or service.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to commit on average five hours per week to AWE both physically and virtually as required by the program.
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English.
- Have access to the internet.
For more information, visit AWE Program.