Deadline: July 15, 2022
Applications for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2023 are now open. The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP).
The new program is now accepting applications on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across the institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA. Young Professionals (YPs) start the program in Washington, DC, where they engage in intensive training—on-the-job and in the classroom—learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions, and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
Key program features include:
- Professional Experience
- Leadership Development
- Training on WBG Policies, Products and Operations
- Global Rotations across WBG
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Networking Events
- Management-supported rotations & job placements
- The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990;
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree;
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas;
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level;
- Be fluent in English;
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
Applications are open from June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 15 –September 30 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
Application checklist include:
- Academic Credentials (Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment with Expected Graduation Date or Transcript.)
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations (recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.)
Short Essay Question
Please answer the following (in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less):
Given the current global context, how can the World Bank Group help our country clients support and reach a green, resilient and inclusive development? Please include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.
For more information, visit WBG YPP.