Bulb Africa Fellowship Program 2022 for Young Tech Enthusiasts
Deadline: June 25, 2022
Applications are open for the Bulb Africa Fellowship Program 2022. The Fellowship at The Bulb is a 4–6-month training program for young tech enthusiasts across Africa.
The fellowship program offers a fulfilling experience for those looking to launch a career in tech. Intending participants simply need to pick a course, join a cohort, complete projects, and gain real experience via internships. Since its inception, the fellowship has offered in-demand courses providing core training to help tech enthusiasts launch careers in the following coding and non-coding tech fields:
Dot NET: Master the guidelines for developing a wide range of mobile or web-based applications on Android, iOS, and Linux. This 6-month course teaches:
- Data structures and collections in C#
- Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Asynchronous and IO programming
- Generics, delegates, events, and lambdas
- Language-Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Automated testing with xUnit/NUnit
- Database access with ADO.NET/EF Core
- RESTful web services with ASP.NET Core Web API
- Web applications with ASP.NET Core MVC/Razor Pages
- Securing applications with ASP.NET Core Identity
- Building and styling webpages with HTML and CSS
- Server-side programming with Node JS and ExpressJS
- Working with databases, and ORMs
- Automated testing with Mocha/Jest
- Building user interfaces with React
- Managing application state with Redux
- Securing web applications
DevOps Engineering: Acquire skills that facilitate communication between developers and IT operators, ensuring that companies worldwide deliver software solutions faster in a stabilized operating environment. In 6 months, Fellows will learn about:
- DevOps and the software development lifecycle
- Cloud computing with AWS and Azure
- LINUX administration and shell scripting
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Containerization with Docker
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Configuration management tools
- Infrastructure automation tools
- Continuous monitoring tools
Product Design: Acquire the complete knowledge of one of the most sought-after skills in the world today to build and design mobile and desktop applications, websites, and more from scratch. Over the course of 4 months, you will learn:
- Products, product design, and the product designer role
- Design thinking and human-centered design
- User research
- User experience (UX) design
- Information architecture (IA)
- User interface (UI) design
- Working with design tools
- Prototyping and usability testing
- Creating and managing a design portfolio
- Stakeholder engagement
Product Management: Fast track your understanding of bringing new products to market, developing existing ones, and managing launch features at all stages of the product development lifecycle. This 4-month course covers:
- Creating and identifying opportunities
- Market research and competitor analysis
- Product development lifecycle
- Defining product vision and strategy
- Building product roadmaps
- Product development methodologies
- Building a business model canvas
- Product launch
- Understanding metrics and analytics
- Business communication / Stakeholder engagement
Data Analytics: Acquire complete knowledge of making sense of data by building algorithms and adopting diverse techniques to discover trends that may get lost in the mass of information. Become a data analyst in 4 months via intensive training in:
- Extracting data from databases
- Extracting data from APIs
- Extracting data using web scraping tools
- Data cleaning and wrangling
- Python programming fundamentals
- Exploratory data analysis with NumPy and Pandas
- Asking the right questions from data
- Data visualization with PowerBI/Tableau
- Identifying trends in data
- Building and evaluating predictive models
Quality Assurance Testing: Master global standards and procedures for ensuring the best products and services are released into the market. In 6 months, you will learn:
- Software development life cycle
- Software testing — fundamental concepts and terminology
- Software testing — types, hierarchy, and principles
- Test documentation deep dive
- Automated testing deep dive
- API testing with Postman
- Performance testing with JMeter
- Web application testing with Selenium
- Gain access to on-call tech professionals and lifelong support and opportunities through friendships that may evolve into professional connections.
- Develop high-demand skills in the tech industry by completing group projects and working with fellows to develop valuable products.
- Enroll in a fellowship program that simultaneously grooms and caters to you. Receive monthly stipends for your efforts as you build your tech career.
- Focus on acquiring all skills you need until you are hired without paying tuition. The Bulb’s tuition payment plan allows you to pay when you graduate and find a job. Alternatively, you can choose to pay upfront.
- Put your skills to use and get a head start in your career with access to internship opportunities via partner organizations.
- You must be a dedicated tech enthusiast.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 35.
- You must have a minimum of a university degree certificate.
- You must have an NYSC discharge certificate.
- You must have at least two guarantors, one relative and one non-relative.
The application process is as follows:
- Fill in the required information and submit your application.
- Receive a home study guide to prepare for the technical assessment.
- Pass the technical assessment.
- Pass the aptitude test.
- Get invited for an interview.
- Get a conditional admission.
- Fill in your biodata form and submit mandatory documents.
- Get an unconditional admission.
- Receive your laptop and start training.
For more information, visit Bulb Africa Fellowship.