Watson Ford Fund Fellowship 2022 for next-gen Entrepreneurs and Community Leaders (Fully-funded)
Deadline: September 15, 2022
Applications are open for The Ford Motor Company Fund and Watson Institute fully-funded Fellowship program (16-week program from October 17th, 2022, to February 24th, 2023). This program equips next-generation entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and experience to scale the impactful ventures they are building.
Ford Fund Fellows will learn advanced skills in entrepreneurship and leadership, have the opportunity to earn seed funding, garner experience, and build a global network, as they lay the foundation to empower many more individuals and transform their communities.
This program offers virtual and in-person components that allow fellows to take advantage of the global cohort while also focusing on creating local impact within their communities. Virtual Programming includes courses with successful entrepreneurs and skills workshops. In-Person Programming includes Fellow-led Basecamps and Fellow-led meetups.
Up to $6,000 in seed funding is available for select Fellows, based on comprehensive performance in the program, progress, and impact throughout the Fellowship.
- The Fellowship begins with a 2-week intensive Accelerator that will focus on:
- Building Community: Community is one of the pillars of the Ford Fund Fellowship experience. A diverse cohort of young leaders and entrepreneurs form partnerships, collaborations, and further their growth and impact as leaders in their community.
- Skill Development: Including fundraising, team building, transformative communication, growth mindset, courage, resilience, creativity, and leadership. Ford Fund Fellows will be guided through the process of overcoming key challenges faced during the process of becoming transformative leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Basecamp Training: Each Ford Fund Fellow is trained and receives a stipend and logistical support to lead a three-day training (called Basecamp) in their home community to empower at least 25 additional entrepreneurial leaders.
- After the 2-week Accelerator, the 14-week Fellowship begins
- At the end of the Fellowship, Ford Fund Fellows participate in a high-profile Summit event to share their progress and impact with a global audience.
- $25,000 in seed funding will be distributed among the Ford Fund Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the Fellowship.
- Ford Fund Fellows will be given a stipend and spend an additional 80-100 hours implementing a 3-day intensive program called Basecamp.
This is for advanced, next-generation entrepreneurs building impactful ventures that create scalable innovations. Ideal applicants will demonstrate a proven track record of innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership in their community.
- They are looking for applicants from United States, China, Mexico, South Africa, and Argentina with ventures in the “Product Fit” or “Scaling” stage.
- Ford Fund applicants must be able to commit to be part of the 16-week program from October 17th, 2022, to February 24th, 2023. There is a 2-week intensive (20-25 hours per week) followed by 14-weeks of weekly programming (5-8 hours per week).
- Complete the online application: The online application contains 5 short essay questions.
- Your application will be reviewed: Applications will be reviewed within 2-weeks of submission. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. The final application deadline is September 15th.
- You will be invited to an interview: Applicants moving forward in the process will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview.
- Enrollment process: We will send out final admission decision and enrollment agreement within 2-weeks of the interview.
For more information, visit Watson.