Deadline: October 21, 2022
Applications are open for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowships 2023. The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships were established in 2011 to identify and mentor the future generation of outstanding African leaders.
During their 12-month programmes, Fellows gain both technical and leadership skills, while contributing directly to research and policy design. A special feature of the programme is the opportunity to benefit from the direct mentorship of the heads of the host organisations. Fellows also become members of the Now Generation Network (NGN), through which they continue to contribute their skills and insights to building a better Africa.
Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- Each year three Fellows have an opportunity to work in the executive offices of the African Development Bank (Abidjan), United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa) or the International Trade Centre (Geneva), with a stipend of $100,000.
- Applicant must be a national of an African country;
- Minimum 7 years’ of relevant work experience;
- Have a Master’s degree;
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children;
- Any additional criteria as set by the host.
Applicants can get specific application instructions in the links below:
For more information, visit Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships.