6th African World Heritage Youth Forum – Call for Coordinator & Resource Persons
Deadline: September 4, 2022
Call for Coordinator and Resource Persons for the 6th African World Heritage Youth Forum are now open. The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) was created in 2006 to support the effective conservation and protection of cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa.
The main objective of AWHF is to address the challenges faced by African State Parties in the implementation of the 1972 Convention, specifically, the underrepresentation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites.
The 5th of May marks African World Heritage Day, an international day proclaimed by UNESCO Member States in November 2015 to celebrate the exceptional cultural and natural heritage of the African continent. Since 2016, as a build-up to the African World Heritage Day, young people (i.e. individuals aged 18 to 35) from all over the African continent come together in the African World Heritage Youth Forum to discuss and debate their involvement in the conservation, management, and promotion of World Heritage. The African World Heritage Youth Forum target motivated, active, and driven African youth interested in engaging in a World Heritage network and eager to implement the outcomes of the Youth Forum in their home countries.
Planning and Implementation within the framework of the Youth.Heritage.Africa, the Coordinator is expected to:
- Familiarize himself/herself with all related documentation.
- Assist the Coordination Team develop the draft training program for the Forum.
- Serve as a resource person during the African World Heritage Youth Forum.
- Prepare pedagogical material and deliver presentations during the Forum.
- Contribute to the discussions and assist participants with practical exercises concerning their World Heritage activities.
- Assess and contribute to the development of Action Plan for completion of country’s nomination project;
- Write a report on his/her participation in the African World Heritage Youth Forum;
- Ensure the smooth involvement of Coordinators, Resource Persons and Resource Assistant in the preparation, implementation and follow up of the Youth Forum.
- Coordinate the preparation of pedagogical material and deliver presentations during the Youth Forum.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of the Youth Forum
- Prepare report on the implementation of the Youth Forum with all supporting documents.
- African citizen between 26-35 years.
- Minimum requirements: a post-secondary certified training and/or qualification.
- Fluency in French (being the working language of the Forum) and ability to communicate in English.
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum.
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage, working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people.
- Ability to write reports.
- Personal attributes: motivated, active and driven individuals interested in learning how to assess the viability, feasibility, and desirability of social business ideas while engaging in a World Heritage network of young Africans eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their home countries.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter describing your involvement in heritage and highlight your previous experience as a Resource Person or Coordinator for Youth or Heritage activities.
Send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 4 September 2022.
For more information, visit AWHF.