Deadline: November 1, 2022
Applications for the GRAVITY Challenge 2022 are now open. GRAVITY Challenge is seeking space enthusiasts to design and build solutions to real industry problems using space data and capability.
The GRAVITY Challenge brings end-users, data & technology enablers and innovators together to solve some of the most pressing economic, social and environmental problems they’re facing on earth today. From improving response times to natural disasters, to establishing more sustainable agriculture practices, to minimising vessel strikes on marine wildlife, the applications of space technology are limitless.
The Challenge started in Australia in 2019, with the goal of bringing market demand and technical experts together, to solve some of the world’s most pressing issues. Now, in 2022, the programme invites innovators from around the world, making GRAVITY a truly global network of top technical talent.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Using cloud technologies to monitor and intercept malicious activity in development and operations in space launch, communications, and operational missions.
- Treasury Wine Estates (TWE): Integrating satellite technology and data with TWE’s existing moisture monitoring and irrigation capabilities to improve vineyard quality and yield requirements.
- Saber Astronautics: Develop an innovative approach to partially automate the identification, characterisation, and monitoring of spacecraft for intelligent in-orbit operations/exploration.
- Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT): Unlock new wetland monitoring techniques using remote sensing, increasing information available on the state of, and pressures on, wetlands at large-scale.
- Experian: Removing the bottleneck: Obtaining better crop data and models to unlock access to agrifinancing in Brazil.
- Deloitte Canada: Help predict economic activity and behaviour by detecting and quantifying the number of cars in a parking lot.
As an innovator in the GRAVITY Challenge, you receive:
- Direct contact with Corporate and Public Sector businesses with real use cases and real end-customers.
- Mentorship and support from Deloitte, Data & Technology Enablers, and venture building experts.
- IP ownership of the solution developed during the programme.
- Access to commercialisation strategy and incubation support post the challenge, to help scale offerings in market, if selected as a winning team.
- Privileged access to current and over 20 years of historic satellite data from Data & Technology Enablers
- Open to Start-ups, scale-ups, high growth businesses, academics, university students, and overall space enthusiasts.
- Anyone can apply as long as you have a team of 3 or more people, with at least one team member residing in a participating country: Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, Japan, Canada, Germany, France, Austria, Luxembourg, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic.
After the application process, the Challenge will start in November 2022 and run through to the February 2023, when final proposals are due. After the winners are announced in late March 2023.
For more information, visit GRAVITY Challenge.