Deadline: November 25, 2022
Applications for the African Culture Fund (ACF) Academy Programme 2023 are now open. The African Culture Fund is launching this call for applications, in partnership with the Institut Kôrè des Arts et Métiers (IKAM Ségou), with a view to selecting 16 female artists and cultural entrepreneurs from West Africa and Central Africa to take part in a Bootcamp #3 scheduled in Ségou from March 2023.
This call aims to contribute to strengthening the leadership and competitiveness of 16 female artists and cultural entrepreneurs from West and Central Africa through the organization of a professional training camp including capacities in cultural management, leadership, personal branding, and emotional intelligence (which will be followed by a mechanism of mentoring and coaching for one year).
Beneficiaries of the ACF Academy programme are certified by the Institut Kôrè Institut des Arts et Métiers (IKAM) of Mali. To this end, participants will benefit from a Professional Aptitude Certificate called Kôrè–Qualité at the end of the ACF Academy training, providing them with the skills necessary for the professionalization of their profession. The Kôrè–Quality Certificate is recognized by the IKAM network and its partners in all regions of Africa.
- The LEWO programme provides support for participants throughout the duration of the Boot Camp (international transport, accommodation, catering, intercity travel).
- Be between 21 and 40 years old;
- Be a female artist (regardless of discipline) or entrepreneur with at least five years of experience, practicing and residing in Africa;
- Be a national of one of the West African or Central African countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea–Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Angola, Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Chad.
- Be available from March 2023 to participate in the various LEWO Programme training and networking activities.
The selection committee evaluates applications based on three (03) criteria:
- The commitment/motivation of the artist or cultural entrepreneur,
- The technical quality and originality of the applicant’s previous artistic and cultural projects,
- The experience / background of the postulant.
Applicants are invited to send their file to the email address [email protected], no later than November 25, 2022.
The file must be written in one of the following languages: French, English
The file should include:
- Copy of your identity document or other equivalent documents (indicating Surname and First name, Nationality, Date of Birth)
- Cover letter (350 words maximum)
- Brief presentation of the artistic approach (for artists) or biography (for entrepreneurs)
- Portfolio: presentation of works and/or photos of previous projects (12 pages maximum)
For more information, visit ACF Academy.