Call for Mentors: YSEALI Women’s Leadership Academy Mentorship Programme 2023
Deadline: January 15, 2023
Wedu Global is excited to offer the ninth U.S.-ASEAN Women’s Leadership Academy for youth from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam. This fully-funded workshop will bring together 55 young women leaders who are between the ages of 22 to 35.
This year, the 4-day Leadership Academy will empower and advance the careers of emerging women leaders, advocates and leaders working to address the climate/environmental crisis (E4): Environment, Ecology, Energy, and Equity. The programme will also include leadership training and strength assessments; sessions on climate resilience and environmental issues; and networking opportunities and mentorship with leaders from the region and the United States to foster cross-cultural exchange and increase areas and scope of impact in the domain of climate resilience.
They will also be offering a unique one-on-one mentorship opportunity through which participants will work with mentors to develop their leadership skills and development goals. For the mentorship programme, they are now recruiting professional leaders from the Climate and Environmental Resilience related sector(s) to become mentors in advancing leadership development of their participants!
As a Wedu Mentor, you will:
- Support the leadership and development journey for a young woman leader from Southeast Asia, working in in the climate/ environment sector;
- Gain access to Wedu’s global community of mentors;
- Gain access to Wedu’s leadership curriculum and online resources;
- Have an opportunity to hone your leadership and mentoring skills.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old and above; Strong preference for citizens and/or residents of Southeast Asian countries, and professionals having work experience in the Southeast Asian context;
- Have at least 5 years of work experience, preferably in the Southeast Asian region with a few years of experience working in climate/ environmental resilience.
- This includes professionals working in: Climate resilience, Climate adaptation, Sustainable energy, Sustainable agriculture, Organic farming / nutrition, Biodiversity management, Forests & wildlife, Water security / reducing harmful pollutants (such as microplastics), Mitigation of air pollution, etc.
Applicants are to choose YSEALI Women’s Leadership Academy 2023 Mentorship Programme for the section: Which Wedu programme are you applying to be a Mentor for?
For more information, visit Wedu Mentor.