Climate & Cyrosphere (CliC) Grants 2022 (up to 10,000CHF)
Deadline: March 1, 2023
Applications for the Climate & Cyrosphere (CliC) Grants 2022 are now open. CliC grants aim at increasing the engagement of Early Career Scientists in CliC. The project strives for gender balance and geographical diversity so submissions from regions currently under represented in CliC, such as Asia and Africa, are particularly encouraged.
Applications shall target CliC’s vision and mission as described in the Strategic Plan 2022-2031, as well as to address one or more of its five strategic areas, as follows:
- Engagement of a broad and diverse community in cryosphere research
- Cryosphere ice loss- assessment and impacts
- Projection of future ice loss and impacts
- System description of the cryosphere regions
- Knowledge syntheses and communication to stakeholders
- CliC grants are up to a maximum of 10,000 Swiss Francs (CHF). Co-funding with other sources will be an advantage.
- Early Career Scientist: students enrolled in a PhD programme and scientists who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by 1 March 2023. The period excludes career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- For research visits: the visiting institution must differ from the applicant’s country of origin and current country of residence.
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc.
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis.
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations.
- Educational activities/capacity exchanges related to cryosphere research.
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes.
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making.
- Dissemination and outreach, e.g., production of media pieces highlighting CliC research and activities.
- Quality of the research
- Relevance to CliC strategic areas
- Feasibility (timeline and budget)
- Clear deliverables/outcomes
Before you start with the online application process, be sure to have the following documents ready to upload.
- Activity description
- Curriculum vitae
- For PhDs only: Letter from supervisor stating you are enrolled in a PhD programme, and recommending the activity proposed.
- For research visits only: Confirmation from the host institution [Download the Host Institution template]
For more information, visit CliC Grants.