Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Grant 2023 (Up to $1,900)
Deadline: February 15, 2023
Applications for the Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Grant 2023 are open. The Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Grant will provide up to $1,900 to support innovative work to support graduate students and early career researchers conducting work focusing on the understanding, prevention and/or treatment of the consequences of exposure to traumatic events such as sexual assault, sexual harassment and/or rape.
The grant is sponsored by the American Psychological Foundation (APF). The APF is seeking to seed innovation through supporting projects and programmess that use psychology to solve social problems. APF grants align with their mission of enhancing psychology to elevate the human condition and advance human potential. They offer grants for early career funding and seed grants for research and for targeted programmes.
- Up to $1,900 to support innovative work to support research focusing on the understanding, prevention and/or treatment of the consequences of exposure to traumatic events such as sexual assault, sexual harassment, and/or rape.
- Be a graduate student or early career psychologist (a doctoral-level psychologist who is no more than 10 years postdoctoral).
- Be affiliated with nonprofit charitable, educational and scientific institutions, or governmental entities operating exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of trauma and trauma research.
- Have demonstrated competence and capacity to execute the proposed work.
- Have IRB approval from host institution before funding can be awarded if human participants are involved.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- quality, viability, and potential impact of the proposed project
- originality, innovation, and contribution to the field of trauma
- applicant’s demonstrated competence and capability to execute the proposed work
Include the following in a single document (not to exceed three pages; one-inch margins; 11-point Times New Roman/Garamond font; single space):
- goals, relevant background/literature review
- methods (must be detailed enough so that the design, assessments and procedures can be evaluated)
- anticipated outcomes, significance, and impact
Additionally, submit the following documents:
- project timeline (not to exceed one page. Typically, APF grants are for 1 year)
- detailed budget and justification (not to exceed one page)
- abbreviated CV (not to exceed five pages)
For more information, visit Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Grant.