IBRO/IBE-UNESCO Science of Learning Fellowships 2023 (up to €20,000)
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applications for the IBRO/IBE-UNESCO Science of Learning Fellowships 2023 are now open. International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) and UNESCO’s International Bureau of Education (IBE) offer 3 annual IBRO/IBE-UNESCO Science of Learning Fellowships.
This is part of their joint Science of Learning Initiative that aims to support and translate key neuroscience research on learning and the brain to educators, policymakers, and governments.
The fellows will be hosted at IBE–UNESCO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, so they can learn about policymaking in an international context, as well as receive support with policy vocabulary and messages. A separate contract with each fellow will be signed by the fellow and IBE–UNESCO to cover the duration of their IBRO/IBE-UNESCO Science of Learning Fellowship. If travel is impacted by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the possibility of completing the Fellowship remotely will be considered.
- A grant amount of €20,000 per Fellow is available.
- IBRO and IBE–UNESCO cannot arrange accommodation, visas, insurance, travel or other related logistics. This will be the responsibility of the fellow to organize. Each fellow will be provided with his/her own office, including a computer, desk and internet access.
- IBRO and IBE–UNESCO will consider researchers from all regions of the world.
- Applications will be considered from Senior and Mid-Career Scientists, preferably with 10 years of experience in the neuroscience of learning field.
- Six written briefs (max. 5 pages each; 2 every month) to re-articulate research on neuroscience in an accessible language, with explicit implications for policy and practice.
- Give an IBE talk on own research project or on any other relevant topic on neuroscience and education.
- Liaise with the other IBRO/IBE fellows and the IBE staff.
- Discuss possible participation in various UNESCO IBE and IBRO projects (e.g., Handbook on Curriculum and Learning, conferences and other events, etc.).
The deadline for application is April 28, 2023. The duration of the fellowship is from October 1 – December 31, 2023.
For more information, visit Science of Learning Fellowships.