Deadline: March 30, 2023
Applications for the Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships 2023 are open. Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships provide a framework for established academics with an international reputation to pursue their research at the European University Institute (EUI).
The fellowship lasts up to 10 months. Candidates must indicate their intended length of stay in the application, but the hosting department may propose a different and/or shorter period to successful candidates subject to available funding. Fellowships are not normally awarded for the months of July and August. Fellows must live in Florence for the duration of the fellowship so that they can take an active part in the academic activities of their Department.
- The monthly stipend is €3,000. The amount of the grant for successful applicants whose normal place of residence is within 90 km of Florence will be fixed at a lower rate.
- Open to established academics with an international reputation. Former professors or fellows of the EUI are eligible after three years have elapsed since their last contract with the EUI.
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible.
- Fellows should have a good knowledge of English and of any other language relevant to their proposed research.
- Prepare your CV (a short CV of maximum 5 pages including education, professional experience, prizes and other major achievements) with a selected list of publications (a list of your books, contributions to books and major professional journals) in PDF
- Prepare a research proposal (2-4 pages) in PDF. Use standard international fonts and avoid macros, special characters and password-protected attachments.
- The EUI does not request reference letters at this stage but candidates are asked to provide the names and contact details of two referees whom the EUI may contact at a later date.
For more information, visit Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships.