Deadline: April 7, 2023
Applications for the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme 2023 for Young Researchers from the European Neighbourhood are now open. Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) to young researchers from higher education institutions from the countries in the European Neighbourhood.
The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them establish academic and research contacts in Europe.
The following Coimbra Group Universities are participating in the 2023 edition of this scholarship programme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- Heidelberg University (Germany)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (Romania)
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy
Applicants must fulfil ALL of the following criteria at the same time:
- Be born on or after January 1, 1988.
- Be nationals of and current residents in one of the countries listed below.
- Be current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the above-listed countries.
- Be of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students.
- Be in possession of an acceptance letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
- Use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process.
- Apply for one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
- Submit all information in English only.
Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Russia, Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan
The online application is available until April 7, 2023 at midnight (Brussels time).
The Coimbra Group Office will individually acknowledge each application received. Within two weeks of submitting the online application, candidates should receive an email from the Coimbra Group Office confirming whether their application has been validated or not. This will be the only acknowledgement of receipt. If candidates do not receive the confirmation message it means that their application was not submitted correctly or there was a technical problem.
For more information, visit Coimbra Group.