Deadline: May 24, 2023
Applications are open for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023-2024. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. You will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in high income countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the UK.
- QECS awards are only for new students and cannot be used to fund a course that has already been started.
- The University of the South Pacific – Fiji, Samoa and Vanuatu
- Stellenbosch University – South Africa
- Tshwane University of Technology – South Africa
- University of Pretoria – South Africa
- University of Colombo – Sri Lanka
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura – Sri Lanka
The application form consists of the following sections:
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- Course at host university details
- Upload supporting documents (including references)
For more information, visit QECS.