Deadline: May 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Committee for International Cooperation & Development (CICOPS) Scholarship 2024. In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries (as classified by the World Bank in low, lower middle and upper middle-income economies) the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) are offering 5 scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2024 for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
CICOPS was established in 1984 to promote cooperation with developing countries and stimulate relations between the University of Pavia and universities in these countries. CICOPS is committed to human and institutional development in developing countries. This aim is achieved by offering young people the chance to grow and contribute to the development of their countries.
- The scholarship includes travel, meals and accommodation expenses, health insurance policy and a contribution of 150 Euro (gross) per week.
- Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity within international organisations and institutions.
- Scholarships are designed for both junior and senior members of Universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centres and international organisations or institution with specific interest in the field of development studies.
- CICOPS scholarships are reserved for research collaboration in the short term in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries. Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
In order to encourage contact between staff and students, the period of stay should take place within the following dates: January 8 – July 20, 2024 and September 9 – December 21, 2024.
The following documents should be uploaded to the online form:
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications (file to be named: Surname_Name_CV)
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate (file to be named: Surname_Name_Letter)
The uploaded documents should be named as mentioned above. Applications without a correctly named curriculum vitae and invitation letter will not be taken into consideration. Only fill in your application form once you have received the letter of acceptance by your contact Professor at the University of Pavia. Incomplete applications will be rejected; no exceptions will be made.