Deadline: June 25, 2023
Applications are open for the 2nd SESA Call for Entrepreneurs 2023. Siemens Stiftung on behalf of the Smart Energy Solutions for Africa (SESA) consortium, invites local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda and Tanzania to apply for the “2nd SESA Call for Entrepreneurs 2023”. The call is looking for entrepreneurs with expertise in addressing the continent’s energy access challenges with a focus on rural and off-grid communities.
The SESA project, funded by the European Commission is operative across nine African countries with local and international partners, testing and validating sustainable energy solutions and business models that are replicable and generate local opportunities for economic development.
This call focuses on selected technologies that have been tested by SESA partners and presents promising opportunities to scale up by local entrepreneurs in the four countries. Interested enterprises should be operational in domains such as solar irrigation technologies in rural communities, waste-to-energy solutions to improve clean cooking, and solar cold chain technologies for both peri-urban and rural communities among other related technical fields.
- Each selected enterprise will receive between €50,000 to €100,000 for the design, implementation, and evaluation of submitted replication projects via service agreements.
- After selection, they will have the opportunity to participate in the SESA Incubator Programme run by SESA partner Smart Innovation Norway (SIN). The programme includes mentorship, coaching, and access to networks of industry experts and potential investors.
- Your enterprise must be registered and operationally active in Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda or Tanzania;
- Your enterprise must have officially been in operation for at least three years;
- Your enterprise must have generated revenues and provide financial statements including income statement and balance sheets for the last two years (2022 and 2021);
- There are no pending litigations against your enterprise or members of its management team;
- Proof of previously similar work done in country.
The proposal will be assessed through the following weighted criteria:
- Innovation & Impact (25%)
- Business Robustness & Market Potential (20%)
- Expertise & Excellence of the Team (20%)
- Implementation Plan & Value for Money (30%)
Applications must include all the requirements and must be submitted electronically via email to [email protected] before June 25, 2023 at 23:59 CET (Brussels).
List of mandatory documents:
- Application Form
- Certificate of incorporation/association and registration certificate
- Financial statements for the last two years (including income statements and balance sheets for 2022 and 2021)
- Pictures and technical specifications of your product/service(s)
For more information, visit SESA Call for Entrepreneurs.