Deadline: May 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Caribbean Climate Resource Grant 2023. This opportunity aims to incentivise journalists in the Caribbean to create climate resources/tools for other journalists, community organisations, and communicators across the region, with the goal of helping to encourage, improve, and enhance climate reporting, while promoting climate knowledge sharing, and spotlighting underreported regional climate issues
During the first cycle of the 6-month Caribbean Climate Justice Journalism Fellowship, journalists from across the region highlighted the importance of climate justice within their communities through amazing storytelling. These grants will facilitate individual research on topics that are often considered difficult or too niche to cover and the resource created could be in the form of video, guide, handbook, research paper, or detailed story that everyone in the Caribbean could benefit from.
- Access to experts and data on climate change
- 1-1 mentoring and guidance
- Global exposure of your profile and the resource/tool you create
- A $200 grant
- Exposure through our closing online webinar session
You are eligible if:
- You are from a Caribbean country.
- You are between the ages of 18-35.
- You have at least 1 year of journalistic and/or content creation experience.
- You have proven experience in reporting on environmental issues.
- You have the facilities to share the result of your work within your community.
- You are available to work on a media/communication resource.
- Total commitment to the programme and regular meetings with your assigned mentor
- Production of a high-quality and professional communication piece that could have a real impact on your community.
- Openness to feedback and effective about your resource/tool idea
- Sharing the results of your work with your community and network
- Passion for becoming part of the Climate Tracker community
- A lot of creativity and fresh ideas
Simply complete and submit the form tellingClimateTracker how this grant could potentially benefit you and your career!
The application deadline: Wednesday 31st May, 2023 at 11:59pm (GMT-4 | Port-of-Spain time)
For more information, visit Caribbean Climate Resource Grant.