Deadline: June 14, 2023
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) under the auspices of the Voices for Climate Action (VCA) programme welcomes proposals from African based feminist creative organizations, collectives, and coalitions to partner in developing innovative advocacy knowledge products and materials.
Through this partnership, their hope is to illuminate the precarious and yet often ignored nexus between the climate crisis and the economic justice struggle. Cognizant of the power of the arts and creative expression in raising political consciousness and challenging dominant orthodoxies, they are seeking proposals that will contribute towards building a critical mass of Pan-African feminist leaders and thinkers working to influence policies and ensure the adoption of feminist alternatives as strategies for sustainable development.
- Grants will be awarded annually for the duration of the VCA programme (2023 – 2025) depending on performance and availability of funds. Grants range up to EUR 10,000 – EUR 50,000 annually and applications should be within this range. Applications should include an indicative budget in the concept note. A full and detailed budget is not expected at the concept note stage.
They welcome organizations/creative hubs/collectives with the following areas of expertise:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing advocacy projects using arts and creative strategies;
- Proven commitment to human rights and women’s rights activism and demonstrable experience in social justice or human rights broadly;
- Technical knowledge of/expertise in areas of economic and climate justice;
- Evidence of previous experience in using arts and creatives for advocacy/activism;
- A team with interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural, multi-interest, multi-ethnic environment;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in English.
Proposals should include the following:
- A detailed description of the proposed creative and advocacy strategies you would use to meet your desired project goals; clearly explain the targeted results, and how they will be measured.
- A brief description of your organization or coalition and why you are well-suited to carry out the proposed work.
- Provide at least two examples of previous creative work that was produced by you or one of the members of your organization to advance women’s rights. Include a link to an online platform where the previous work has been shared.
- Identify a Lead and their name, phone number, and email information.
- Amount of request (EUR 10,000 – EUR 50,000) and indicative budget.
Complete your Proposal by using the template here. Completed Proposals should be submitted to [email protected] with the subject title ‘CALL FOR CREATIVE PARTNERS’.
For more information, visit Akina Mama wa Afrika.