Deadline: July 21, 2023
Applications are open for the Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2023. Ecobank Fintech Challenge is a pan-African innovation competition and business partnership offering by Ecobank. It is designed to inspire, support and partner African Fintechs, with an aim to expand the reach of innovative Fintech and banking related products.
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge identifies and partners Fintechs that are ready to scale and provides them with support and access to opportunities in Ecobank’s 35 African markets. The goal is to contribute to their growth as potential Pan African Fintech success stories.
Become a finalist; get inducted as an Ecobank Fintech Fellow and stand a chance to explore the following opportunities:
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa.
- The top three winners at the Challenge will be awarded $15,000, $12,000 and $10,000 cash prizes respectively.
- Start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as local country-level partner in any of Ecobank’s 33 country ecosystem.
- Fellows will be given access to a dedicated team to support Ecobank’s API tests, to enable Ecobank improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Founders will be inducted as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, granting them access and relationships to a vast network of global and African Accelerators, potential Investors, as well as mentors.
- The Challenge offers opportunities for Fintechs to potentially integrate with Ecobank’s existing digital offerings. The existing digital offerings include Ecobank Omni, Ecobank electronic financial supply chain(eFSC), Ecobank Xpress, Ecobank Mobile APP or USSD, MasterPass™ QR, mVISA™ & mCash, etc.
- All Fintechs with an Africa-Focused or Africa relevant product are eligible to apply to the fintech challenge.
- These products must address one or more of a specific set of pain points:
- Customer experience
- Financial inclusion
- Credit scoring
- Ecosystem Aggregation
- Internal tools
- Any other relevant product categories
The application deadline is July 21, 2023, 23:59:59 UTC. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Ecobank Fintech Challenge.