Deadline: July 9, 2023
Applications are open for the NerdzFactory Foundation PowerUp Program 2023. The PowerUP program is set to empower young people with the tools and support needed to turn dreams into reality. The program will expose participants to skills that they require to start and grow their business.
The PowerUp program is an initiative to empower young Nigerians in entrepreneurship. It has been established that one of the major causes of youth unemployment in Nigeria is the high level of skills gap that currently exists among young people which, makes it difficult for young people to secure decent jobs and build thriving businesses hence the need for job creation and entrepreneurship programs like PowerUp to equip young people to start and grow sustainable businesses.
For maximum impact the program is broken down into several component which includes:
- PowerUP Masterclass/Webinar
- PowerUP Training
- PowerUP Pitch and Demo-Day
The PowerUp Program is sponsored by Access Corporation and fully implemented by NerdzFactory Foundation.
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Management
- Designing a pitch deck and how to pitch your business idea.
- Business plan and model
- How to generate funds for your business
- Increase youth participation in entrepreneurship
- Help youth identify business opportunities that they can commence with minimum capital
- Improve access to finance for existing businesses
- Develop business skills
- Promote collaboration and networking
- Create jobs and economic opportunities
The program will employ a hybrid mode of training – Physical and Virtual. The program will run for a duration of 2-week, with a series of weekly masterclasses from Monday, July 10, 2023 – Friday, July 21, 2023.
Physical classes will hold at NerdzFactory HQ, Ogudu GRA, Lagos while virtual classes will hold on Zoom.
For more information, visit PowerUp Program.