Deadline: July 10, 2023
Applications are open for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program 2023. Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
The European Commission’s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) wishes to encourage journalism students and young journalists to learn about the EU, Cohesion Policy and to communicate on European solidarity and concrete projects co-funded by the European Union.
The specific objectives include:
- Providing the framework and conditions for young and future journalists to specialize in EU affairs and Regional Policy.
- Fostering young journalistic productions to promote knowledge of EU-funded projects.
- Promoting innovative means of covering the European Week of Regions and Cities.
- Enhancing the links between European institutions and young Europeans.
- Trainings on journalism and EU Cohesion Policy.
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country.
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week.
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions.
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States.
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses covered by the European Commission.
- Applicants should be citizens of EU or neighbouring country, aged from 18 to 30 years old;
- Be interested in what the EU and Cohesion Policy are doing in your region;
- Background in journalism (studies or up to 2 years of experience);
- Availability during 7 – 13 October 2023.
The jury will assess eligible applications on both substance and style based on the following selection criteria:
- Degree of originality (a new story or an unusual angle)
- Extent to which they are compelling (catch the interest of the reader)
- Extent to which they demonstrate a rigorous approach in terms of research and field work
Applications are open until 10 July 2023, 17:00 CET. Read the conditions for participation before applying.
For more information, visit Youth4Regions Program.