Deadline: August 4, 2023
Apply now for the African Union Climate Action Innovators Hub at the Africa Climate Summit 2023. The African Union Commission is to host a Climate Action Innovators Hub at the upcoming Africa Climate Summit from September 4-5, 2023 in Nairobi, Kenya. This Climate Action Innovation Hub will provide an opportunity to showcase a diverse range of the bold, innovative climate actions that are taking place across the continent that align to the specific ambitions and goals of the Africa Climate Change Strategy.
This Innovation Hub will be a dedicated space for Africa’s innovators, especially women and youth, to showcase their ‘game changing’ climate solutions and project ideas that support the achievement of a climate-resilient and sustainable Africa. Furthermore, this event provides an important platform to exchange key lessons and share ideas, as well as an opportunity to garner support for innovative solutions from a diverse and broad audience, including policy makers and potential investors.
These transformative climate innovations and initiatives, of varying scales, may touch on any of the major themes identified within the Climate Strategy. These include, but are not limited to:
- Clean energy
- Climate-smart agriculture and sustainable land management
- Biodiversity conservation
- Green economy and sustainable value chains
- Sustainable fisheries management
- Water storage and conservation
- Waste management and circular economy
- Green transport
- Climate resilient infrastructure
- Resilient and climate smart cities
- Applications from climate innovators at various scales are welcome, with a preference given to projects that operate at a grassroots level or that demonstrate a high degree of social inclusion, particularly for women, youth and those facing economic hardship.
- A key criterion for selection is that the innovation must demonstrate a contribution towards building Africa’s climate adaptation capacity, reducing its greenhouse gas emissions and/or enhancing its overall climate resilience.
For the opportunity to be selected as one of the African innovators to participate in the Africa Climate Summit Innovation Hub, complete and submit the application no later than Friday, August 4, 2023 at midnight East African Time.
For more information, visit Africa Climate Summit.