Deadline: August 18, 2023
Applications for the EJN Communicators Workshop 2023 on Renewable Energy are now open. Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) invites communicators from Maharashtra to join a workshop on renewable energy in Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar (Aurangabad) from October 5-7, 2023. This workshop is open to communicators from Maharashtra only.
India has committed to meeting 50% of its energy requirements with renewable energy, reducing its projected carbon emissions by one billion metric tons, and reducing the emissions intensity of its GDP by 45% by 2030. Maharashtra is one of the states leading the renewable energy charge in India. To improve public awareness of these ambitious energy targets, and the progress made till date in India’s and specifically Maharashtra’s energy planning, EJN has organized a three-day workshop for communicators. The workshop sessions are designed to strengthen the skills of communicators to research and report on renewable energy issues.
EJN will facilitate engagement between communicators, researchers, subject experts, policymakers and communities, providing an opportunity to gain knowledge and deepen understanding of the promises and obstacles in the road ahead as India and specifically Maharashtra strives to increase the percentage of renewable energy in its total energy mix.
- The organizers will cover the cost of travel, accommodation and meals of selected participants.
- The workshop will include a field trip to a location with a renewable energy facility.
Open to communicators based in Maharashtra from print, online, radio and television outlets.
- Commit to attending all days of the workshop.
- Have some experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics.
- Understand and be able to communicate in English and/or Marathi.
- Demonstrate interest in renewable energy issues.
- Permit republication by the organizers of any output as a result of participation in the workshop.
For more information, visit EJN.