Deadline: August 31, 2023
Applications are now open for the Climate Arena Story Fellowship Program 2023. At Climate Arena, they want to bring together individuals and teams who want to work across borders on a climate related story and need help from Arena for Journalism in Europe (that help might include finding others also seeking partners.)
They have a fellowship opportunity for those who have a cross-border and investigative climate story idea and are eager to work in a team setting. Your project idea could be investigative, or data-related, or both.
- If your story project is selected, you will be invited to join the Climate Arena journalism conference in Vienna (expenses paid) where you’ll attend a full-day workshop on 9 November 2023 and participate in the conference on 10 and 11 November.
- Following the conference, you will continue receiving mentoring and training right up to publication time.
- Being part of a cohort of 15 fellows, you will have the opportunity to set up teams, receive a working grant (up to €2000), and tailor-made mentorship to help you succeed in your investigative cross-border story.
- Open to journalists in any stages of their career but they encourage early- and mid-career reporters to apply.
- They also particularly encourage applications from journalists whose backgrounds are underrepresented in the European media.
- You should be based in Europe to be able to benefit from the program. If you have visa requirements, they will bear the visa cost and assist you with your application as much as they can.
The application deadline is August 31, 2023. They will contact you about your application by the end of September.
For more information, visit Climate Arena Story Fellowship.