Deadline: October 6, 2023
Applications are open for the International News Media Association/Google News Initiative Elevate Scholarships 2023. The Elevate Scholarship programme, supported by the Google News Initiative, is designed to strengthen the future of the news business by embracing and elevating historically under-represented and disadvantaged groups in early- to mid-level positions at news media companies in all regions of the world.
Through Elevate Scholarships, the International News Media Association (INMA) wants to equip new faces and voices with strong news industry business fundamentals that will propel their individual careers, and big picture, will infuse the industry with the talent it needs to face today’s challenging business landscape.
Removing obstacles for equitable inclusion in news industry training and development can shatter the glass ceiling for professionals from under-represented groups, which hampers innovation and the future of news media.
- Be recognised via public announcements by INMA
- Receive a scholarship certification
- Gain free access to 3 INMA Master Classes
- Receive a free membership in INMA for one year — with full and unfettered access to the association’s global community
To be considered for the Elevate Scholarship, you must:
- Be a part of an under-represented and disadvantaged group within your country;
- Be actively involved in, or aspire to be an integral part of, the business side of news media;
- – subscriptions, data, product, advertising, the business of newsrooms (this is the focus of INMA training)
- Be employed by a news media company;
- Hold a position below senior management at your organisation;
- Be in the business of news media for less than 15 years;
- Be under age 45;
- Aspire to become a top manager at a news media company.
- INMA will award up to 50 Elevate Scholarships based on the applicant’s needs, aspirations, barriers, and the stories they tell in the application process.
For more information, visit Elevate Scholarship.