Deadline: September 15, 2023
Applications for the Awa Prize 2023 are now open. The Awa Prize is a competition organised by Enabel which highlights women entrepreneurs from Belgian development cooperation countries and their projects. In 2023, the Awa Prize awards entrepreneurs active in the green and circular economy.
The Awa Prize is a contest which sheds the light on businesses and the women who lead them. But beyond this competition, the Awa Prize aims at federating a community of entrepreneurs around shared values, in order to fight against socio-economic inequalities. Through the Awa Prize, many events will be organised at the local and international levels in order to raise awareness for men and women about the opportunities that women’s entrepreneurship can create. These events will enable progress on actions which can be developed to remove the persistent obstacles.
- Up to €50,000*: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- One week in Belgium to meet entrepreneurship circles and inspire one another.
- Up to €10,000*: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- Up to €5,000*: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
*Prizes are awarded after an assessment of the needs of the Winners by the Organiser or by an entity designated by the Organiser. The support plan is to be formalised by the Winners or the Candidates receiving a prize and the Organiser.
- Be a woman of legal age in your country of residence;
- Have the nationality of one participating country;
- Be the (co-)founder and/or non-minority shareholder of a company which has been registered for at least 1 year in a participating country;
- Have a company with a positive impact in community;
- Have a green and circular economic approach;
- Understand and express yourself in English, French or Arabic.
Participating countries for the 2023 edition: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DRC, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda.
For more information, visit Awa Prize.