Deadline: October 5, 2023
Applications are open for the AXA Chairs Grant 2024. The AXA Chair is a highly selective funding scheme intended to support significant advancements in the development of a research area within a host institution in line with the institution’s long-term strategy. It aims at creating a full-time academic position in the host institution and fostering a step-change in the career of the appointed AXA Professor. The host Institution must intend to create a permanent full-time position.
The AXA Research Fund supports academic projects that contribute to better understanding and addressing global risks, notably in the areas of:
- Climate and Environment
- Socioeconomics and New Technologies
- Up to €200,000 per year for 5 years maximum.
- Host institutions must be registered in the AXA Research Fund’s database.
- Host Institutions can submit only one candidate for the whole institution (and not one per department, faculty or laboratory).
- The prospective Chairholder is expected to be at least PhD + 10 years minimum, to be of the highest caliber and should have demonstrated outstanding research achievements.
- The research program should demonstrate its scientific originality and innovative nature.
- Step 1: Expression of interest – Submit through the online application platform: details about the candidate (birth date and PhD defence date), short CV (3 pages) and research programme’s title and description (3000 characters including spaces).
- Step 2: Full application – Candidate will be invited to submit a full application through the online application platform. Application must be submitted in English by the deadline. Application received after the deadline won’t be eligible.
- Step 3: Rebuttal – Candidates will have one week to respond to the reviewers’ comments before their application are submitted to the AXA Research Fund’s Scientific Board.
- Step 4: Online Q&A session with the Scientific Board’s members – For shortlisted candidates only.
For more information, visit AXA Chairs Grant.