Deadline: September 25, 2023
Are you a young photographer who wants to raise awareness on climate change and agrifood systems issues and showcase efforts that youth undertake to create positive transformative change? The FAO Liaison Office in Geneva (LOG) is organizing a photo contest within the context of the World Food Forum (WFF) Flagship Week from 16 – 20 October 2023.
Celebrating the 2023 World Food Forum (WFF) – an independent, youth-led global network of partners facilitated and hosted by FAO to engage young people in the transformation of agrifood systems – the contest presents an exciting opportunity for youth to showcase their talent and present what sustainable agrifood systems and climate action mean for them through visual storytelling.
They are looking for pictures which demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Capture the theme of the WFF this year – “agrifood systems transformation accelerates climate action”.
- Showcase how sustainable agrifood systems can contribute to climate action, or vice versa.
- Highlight the vital roles and efforts that youth play in making our agrifood systems more sustainable.
- Exemplify the traditional and local knowledge in safeguarding the environment and the agrifood systems.
- Display community-led efforts towards practicing sustainable actions and behaviour, such as reducing food loss and waste.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning photo of each age category.
- Selected winners and the runners-up will have an opportunity for their photos to be exhibited at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, where thousands of multilateral meetings, conferences and events take place annually.
- Additionally, winners will be rewarded with a certificate of recognition signed by the FAO and the World Food Forum as well as a bag of FAO merchandise, which will be delivered to all winners’ current locations.
- Entries will be judged in three age categories:
- Children (Entrants aged 11 to 15 years old).
- Youth (Entrants aged 16 to 21 years old).
- Young Adult (Entrants aged 22 to 35 years old).
- The contest is open only to individuals.
- Each Entrant can submit up to 5 photos.
- Photographs should not have dates or text superimposed within the frame. All photographs should be in jpeg or jpg format.
- Photos should be as high resolution as possible, with minimum pixel width 1754 pixels at 150 ppi and a maximum file size of 5 MB.
- Entrants should also add the metadata information to the IPTC fields within the images (description, location, date photo was taken, name of photographer).
- The content of an image must not be altered (adding, moving or eliminating elements within a frame, for example, is not allowed), but basic image retouching is permitted (contrast, brightness, etc.).
- AO employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether related, are not eligible to enter the contest.
The contest closes at 12:00:00 CEST on September 25, 2023. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
For more information, visit LOG/WFF Photo Contest.