Deadline: October 31, 2023
Applications are open for the AIMS African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Program 2023/2024. The African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) will prepare well rounded Machine Intelligence (MI) researchers by focusing on basic research in MI as well as the development of a vast array of applications that respond to both present and future needs of Africa and the world.
AMMI graduates will go on to create and/or join the best industrial and public R&D labs in Africa and beyond therefore strengthening the African MI community and scientific community at large, achieving crucial breakthroughs for the global good.
- All students admitted for the AMMI program are automatically granted a full scholarship.
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- A satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum average of B (or 80%) or better is required;
- Interest and/or background in artificial intelligence, machine learning etc. demonstrated in courses taken and projects undertaken;
- Consent to mentor an undergraduate student at your previous institution while enrolled at AMMI; Consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation;
- Strong interest in solving national or continental problems using science and technology.
Note: Your Original degrees, diplomas, academic certificates and transcripts should be in your possession upon arrival on Campus. The following materials should be ready for application:
- Required transcripts records: Upload your official transcripts with your application. These include transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended, including summer sessions and extension programs. All academic records that are not originally in English or French should be issued in their original language and accompanied by English certified translations.
- References: At least three references are required. Be sure to inform your recommenders that they will be reached to provide a recommendation letter on your behalf. Your recommenders are asked to give their personal impressions of your intellectual ability, your aptitude in research or professional skills, your character, and the quality of your previous work.
- Personal Statement: The personal statement should tell us about yourself, your academic achievements, aspirations and other important accomplishments (ie: projects, online courses, awards, etc) related to AI and Machine Learning. It should also paint a picture of your academic aspirations including post-masters. (500 words max)
- Background Summary: You may choose to instead submit a 90 second video. This does not need to be a professionally made video but they recommend that sound and lighting be clear.
For more information, visit AMMI Programme.