Deadline: December 15, 2023
Nominations are open for the IUPAC-Richter Prize 2024. The prize is to be awarded to an internationally recognized scientist, preferably a medicinal chemist, whose activities or published accounts have made an outstanding contribution to the practice of medicinal chemistry or to an outstanding example of new drug discovery.
The Prize has been established by a generous gift from the Chemical Works of Gedeon Richter, Plc. (Budapest, Hungary) to acknowledge the key role that medicinal chemistry plays toward improving human health. The 2024 IUPAC-Richter Prize will be presented during the XXVIII EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (September 1-5, 2024) in Rome, Italy and the recipient will also give a lecture on the subject of their research at the 38th ACS National Medicinal Chemistry Symposium (June 23-26, 2024) in Seattle, USA.
- A $10,000 prize will be awarded.
- Open to an internationally recognized scientist, preferably a medicinal chemist.
- Applications are by nomination, with only one person needing to serve in that capacity, although a total of five individuals should additionally be listed as references.
The nomination package must be submitted via the online nomination form and should contain:
- a complete resume
- a professional biography of not more than two pages
- a one-page summary of what the individual considers to be their activities, accomplishments and/or publications that have had the most significant impact upon the field of Medicinal Chemistry
The material will be forwarded confidentially to an independent selection committee appointed by the IUPAC Subcommittee on Drug Discovery and Development.
Nomination materials should be uploaded by 15 December 2023 via the here.
For more information, visit IUPAC-Richter Prize.