Deadline: December 6, 2023
Applications for the IDB Research Fellow Program for the Office of Evaluation and Oversight 2024 are now open. The Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE) at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is seeking several Research Fellows (RF) to work at IDB Headquarters in Washington, D.C. OVE is an independent evaluation office that conducts project, program, and corporate evaluations of IDB’s and IDB Invest’s activities and reports directly to these institutions’ Boards.
The Research Fellow program offers selected candidates the opportunity to contribute to OVE’s work program, learn about evaluation, and gain work experience in a multilateral development finance institution for up to three years.
Research Fellows will work under the guidance of senior staff on evaluations of the IDB Group’s programs and activities. Work ranges from assembling, analyzing, and presenting core evaluative information to preparing specific analytical pieces and background papers as inputs to evaluations led by senior staff. The Office’s work plan includes country program, corporate, thematic, and project evaluations. Candidates should possess the flexibility to work on various topics according to the demands of the Office.
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages.
- Leaves and vacations: 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance: the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan: The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- They offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Development support: They offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
- You are a citizen of one of IDB’s 48-member countries.
- Recently completed (within three years or less) a master’s degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Public Policy, Social Policy, or a related field.
- Applicants must be under 33 years of age by January 1, 2024. (Or 38 years of age for the diversity groups defined in the Bank’s Young Professionals Diversity Program) and possess a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of at least one more Bank language (Spanish, Portuguese, or French) would be a plus.
- You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
- Strong analytical skills (including proficiency in using qualitative and quantitative techniques and standard statistics/econometric software packages) are required.
- Excellent teamwork.
- The ability to work in a multicultural environment are also essential.
For more information, visit IDB Research Fellow Program.