Deadline: January 23, 2024
If you are at least 18 years old on 20 July 2024 and working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship for AIDS 2024, the 25th International AIDS Conference, which takes place in Munich, Germany, and virtually from 22 to 26 July. The scholarship also supports attendance of the AIDS 2024 pre-conferences, which take place on 21 and 22 July in the conference venue.
The programme supports individuals who contribute to the conference programme, as well as applicants who can demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge acquired at the conference to the work they undertake in their own organizations and communities.
IAS – the International AIDS Society – will award both in-person and virtual scholarships for AIDS 2024. Indicate your preferred attendance type in your application, as well as the types of financial support you require to participate. Note that given the high demand, they may not be able to grant full scholarships or in-person scholarships to all selected candidates.
- Registration for in-person plus virtual attendance (access to all sessions at the conference venue, as well as access to the virtual platform).
- Travel support (pre-paid economy class return ticket from the nearest international airport in your country of residence) for the dates of the conference and pre-conferences.
- Accommodation (single room in a budget hotel), for the duration of the conference and pre-conferences.
- Daily living allowance for the duration of the conference and pre-conferences.
- Registration for virtual attendance (full online access to all hybrid conference sessions).
- Accessibility support for virtual attendance (subject to the connectivity needs of selected candidates).
Open to anyone who is at least 18 years old on 20 July 2024 and working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV.
The following candidates will be given priority:
- Abstract presenters; workshop facilitators and co-facilitators; and Global Village organizers and co-organizers whose submission has been selected for the conference.
- Applicants from low-income and lower-middle-income countries.
- Applicants who are part of key populations and people living with HIV.
- Young people and junior investigators below the age of 35.
- Applicants who did not previously receive a scholarship for an International AIDS Conference.
To apply, eligible candidates will have to answer questions about their background, experience and motivation to attend the conference. They will have to upload a letter of recommendation, which must:
- Be written in English by a manager or colleague who is familiar with your work, volunteer experience or studies in HIV and can be your referee
- Include a letterhead of your referee’s organization, company or institution
- Be dated within two months of your application submission and signed (original or digital signature) by your referee
- Explicitly reference you and support your scholarship application for AIDS 2024, explaining why you would be a good candidate for the scholarship
For more information, visit IAS Conference.