Deadline: January 11, 2024
Applications for the World Press Photo Contest 2024 are now open. The annual World Press Photo Contest recognizes and celebrates the best photojournalism and documentary photography produced over the last year, selected by an international independent jury.
The 2024 World Press Photo Contest works with 6 worldwide regions – Africa, Asia, Europe, North and Central America, South America, and Southeast Asia and Oceania. Entries will be judged in the region in which they have been taken, for example a single photograph taken in Canada would be entered into North and Central America in the Singles category.
Each region has four format-based categories: Singles, Stories, Long-Term Projects and Open Format. These categories welcome entries that witness or document news moments, events and/or aftermaths, as well as social, political and environmental issues or solutions.
These format-based categories encompass all thematic categories from previous contests – such as general news, spot news, contemporary issues, environment, nature, sports, portraits – therefore entries on a wide range of themes may be submitted to the appropriate format-based category.
As a winner, your work will be:
- Included in the World Press Photo’s annual traveling exhibition seen by over 4 million visitors, shown around the world in over 80 cities.
- Published on the World Press Photo website and social platforms with over 2 million followers.
- Included in their yearbook.
You will also receive:
- €1,000 for each of the 24 regional winners and an additional €5,000 for the four global winners.
- An invitation to the Winners’ Program in Amsterdam.
- A physical award.
- For the four global winners: a FUJIFILM GFX100 II camera, with two lenses of choice, two Li-ion batteries, and dual battery charger.
- Open to all professional photographers working in the field of photojournalism and/or documentary photography.
- Team entries of two or more photographers are allowed. Proof of professional status must be provided for each team member.
- The photographer(s) must be the author(s) of the photographs submitted in their name.
- The photographer(s), agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the photographs.
For more information, visit World Press Photo Contest.