Deadline: January 19, 2024
Applications are open for the British Council Grants for UK-Japan Research Collaborations 2024. They invite applications for UK-Japan research proposals under the themes of ‘transformative technologies’ and ‘tomorrow’s talent’ supported by the Department of Science, Innovation and Technology’s International Science Partnerships Fund (ISPF).
Grants for projects with a full economic cost of up to £100,000 will be available for funding at 80% FEC under this ISPF research collaboration programme for bilateral research and innovation collaborations under the ISPF. Priorities set with Japan at the call design stage. The call will fund Global Challenges Research Grants to support and facilitate research that tackles global challenges.
Under this call for proposals, projects should consider:
- transformative technologies: artificial intelligence, quantum, engineering biology, semi-conductors, future telecommunications
- tomorrows talent: research capacity, research systems, research pipeline.
- The total funding available for this call is £480,000.
Each proposal must have one principal applicant from the UK and one principal applicant from Japan:
- Both principal applicants must be leading researchers or established researchers.
- Principal applicants must be permanent employees. Emeritus and honorary professors may not apply as lead.
- A not-for-profit higher education institution with the capacity to undertake high-quality research.
Complete and submit your application using the online form – UK-Japan research collaborations application form. If you require an alternative format for reasons of accessibility, contact: [email protected]
For more information, visit British Council Grants.