TED Prize 2015 Nomination Open : 1 Million US Dollars Award
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Applicants are invited to nominate themselves or someone for The TED Prize which is awarded to an extraordinary individual with a creative and bold vision to spark global change. The winner of the 2015 TED Prize will be revealed when they announce their wish from the TED2015 stage in Vancouver, BC.
The Prize begins with a big wish—a wish to inspire thinkers and doers across the globe. The TED Prize has helped to combat poverty, take on religious intolerance, improve global health, tackle child obesity, advance education, and inspire art around the world.
- Leveraging on the TED community’s resources
- Winner will have 1 million dollars to make their wishes come true
- Every self-nomination will include a proposal for a world-changing and achievable wish.
- When nominating an individual, the nominator is welcome to approach the nominee about drafting a potential wish.
- If a nominee is strong, and no wish is included, the TED Prize team will reach out to them directly during the short-listing process.
- Please note that you will be prompted to sign in or create a TED.com account to access the nomination forms.
- January 1: TED Prize nominations open
- April 1: TED Prize nominations close
- April 2 – June 11: Review period
- June 12 – July 20: Finalists identified and additional data collected
- July 21 – August 1: Finalist phone interview period
- August 2 – October 31: Review Period (cont’d)
- November – December: Winner determined and wish strategy commences
- March 2015: TED Prize wish announced during TED Conference
For more information, Click here