Deadline: March 31 2014.
Hurrah! The South African chapter of the SADC Media programme has commenced with Government Communication and Information System (GCIS) inviting all media for entries to the 2014 SADC Media Awards competition (carries a prize of US$2000.00.).
The competition also consists of the Water Media Awards which are aimed at recognising stories that promote Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) in the SADC region.
The competition has four categories in print, photojournalism, television and radio.
Entries are invited from the following categories:
- Print Journalism: comprising features/articles published in newspapers, newsletters, website, magazines;
- Print Journalism submissions should have a minimum of 100 (one hundred words and a maximum of 2000 (two thousand) words.
- ii) Radio Journalism: comprising broadcast material;
- iii) Television Journalism: comprising televised material;
- Broadcast material should have a minimum duration of one minute and a maximum duration of one hour and all Broadcast material should be accompanied by a transcript in any of the languages indicated in Rule D above.
- iv) Photojournalism: comprising published pictures with a caption;
- Photographic entries should have a minimum of a single photo, a pictorial of up to 10 photos and an album of up to 20 photos.
- The Awards will include Print, Radio, Television and Photo journalism and each category carries a prize of US$2000.00.
- The monetary prizes will be accompanied by a certificate signed by the SADC Chairperson.
Entries are invited from all media practitioners who are SADC nationals ( Angola, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, Swaziland, Botswana, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles, United Republic of Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mozambique, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
For more information click here