SEED Awards 2014 for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Deadline: April 8, 2014
We bet you have an entrepreneurial and innovative idea that is locally-driven and has potential to contribute significantly to sustainable development in countries with developing or transition economies? Apply now for the 2014 SEED Awards for entrepreneurship in sustainable development, including the 2014 SEED Gender Equality Awards and the 2014 SEED Low Carbon Awards.
- Assistance and advice on developing and improving the enterprise’s business and financial plan.
- A three-day in-country business-oriented workshop also covering the key elements and factors which help to build a successful social and environmental enterprise, which is also gender responsive.
- Participation in a high-level international awards ceremony with senior government and UN officials, development institutions, financial institutions and businesses.
- Profiling of the enterprise nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Assistance with access to relevant organisations, businesses, and to other SEED winners and SEED alumni, and SEED Partners, Supporters and Associates.
- A financial contribution of USD5000 to cover the enterprise’s most pressing needs, as agreed between the winner and SEED.
- Gender Equality Winners will in addition receive support from the international law firm Hogan Lovells who have an established pro bono practice advising women entrepreneurs across the world.
SEED welcomes innovative ideas from any enterprise in a developing country or country in transition, which is working in partnership with others to generate economic, environmental and social benefits. SEED Award Winners must:
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- deliver economic, social and environmental benefits
- intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- a partnership between different stakeholder groups
- locally driven or locally led
- potential for scale up or significant replication
- in the early stages of implementation
- in a country with a developing or emerging economy
To apply for the SEED Low Carbon Awards, enterprises, in addition to the above information, also need to:
- make significant contributions to mitigating and/or adapting to climate change.
To apply for the SEED Gender Equality Award, enterprises, in addition to the above information, also need to be:
- run or owned by a woman or women and prioritise gender equality and/or women’s empowerment as a core objective
For more information Click here