Global Startup Challenge 2017 – Win a trip to *Ship – The Startup Festival in Kotka, Finland
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Applications are now open for the 2017 Global Startup Challenge, an online competition for aspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world. The aim is to empower people from as many backgrounds as possible, keeping in view the boarder vision of *ship The Startup Festival, i.e. to connect the next-generation of entrepreneurs with mentors worldwide. This is an experience of a life-time for the ones creating tomorrow, not watching it happen.
The top three finalists will win an all-expenses-paid trip to Ship – The Startup Festival to be held July 11-13th in Kotka, Finland. This is going to an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your ventures, receive one-on-one mentoring and win various prizes. Additionally, engage with the Nordic start-up community and make life-lasting connections.
About *ship 2017
*ship – The Startup Festival is a three-day startup event which aims to connect the next-generation of entrepreneurs with mentors worldwide. At *ship, accelerators, early-stage startups, investors, mentors, students and other entrepreneurial-minded champions get together annually to celebrate entrepreneurship! *ship 2017 will be held on July 11-13th during Tall Ships Races and Maritime Festival in Kotka, Finland.
Prizes and Benefits
- Get access to *ship, Southeast Finland’s biggest startup event and secure a spot on the Pitch Captain -competition.
- The trip is fully covered for the top three finalists, including flights, accommodation and participation fee waiver.
- Showcase ventures, receive one-on-one mentoring and win various various prizes. Additionally, engage with the Nordic start-up community and make life-lasting connections.
- The applicant must be 18 years old by the day of the application deadline.
- Individual applications are accepted, but team applications are preferred.
- The idea should have startup elements like a repeatable and scalable business model. It can be a social business, but we do not review for NGOs or non-profit venture ideas.
- The Startup must be less than three years old.
- Interested applicants can submit their ideas and startups through the online application consisting of problem identification and solution proposal.
- Submission of executive summary, pitch deck and promotion video is optional.
The applications are then reviewed by local and regional experts.
For more information, visit Global Startup Challenge.