Call for Applications: ASPEN Program for Young Leaders
Deadline: January 10, 2013
The Aspen Program for Young Leaders is designed for 20 emerging leaders (age 20-40) from Central Europe. The Program’s main goal is to encourage its participants to understand and employ the fundamental qualities that make a successful leader in today’s world. It also gives them an opportunity to reflect on the challenges and conflicts that leaders must face in deciding policies and strategies for their organizations and their communities. The underlying aim of the Program is to enable participants to exercise leadership according to the highest standards of civic and corporate responsibility and the ethical values on which the Aspen Institute is based.
The seminar will take place in Slovakia between February 28 and March 3, 2013 in the
remote environment of the Tatra Mountains, consistent with the basic idea of the Aspen
seminar, which is to step away from daily routine and reflect on underlying societal values.
The Program is designed to offer various formal and informal activities to create an
environment conducive to sharing ideas, learning and networking. As such, the program
will not only include lectures, training and case studies but will also put a strong emphasis
on leisure activities such as skiing and snowboarding.
Prospective candidates should be:
- Age 20 – 40, and of Czech, Hungarian, Polish or Slovak nationality,
- An exceptional individual, professionally active in business, public administration,
- arts, sports or the nonprofit sector, who shares a commitment to civically engaged
- Besides having exceptional career accomplishments, actively contributing to civil
- society and using his or her extraordinary creativity, energy and resources to tackle
- current social challenges,
- Experienced in an international environment and have a fluent command of the
- English language,
- Willing to further promote Aspen values and to support the Aspen global network.
Candidates who meet the criteria and wish to take part in the program should submit their CV and, optionally, a short cover letter (maximum one page) to leader(at)aspenprague.cz.
A jury composed of the Aspen Institute Prague Board of Directors, executive staff and the Program faculty members will select the participants in a competitive selection process. Selected candidates will be invited for a telephone interview that will take place between January 13-16, and the successful participants will receive an invitation together with a detailed program by January 18.
The organizers will cover all expenses connected with the Program.
All questions and inquiries can be sent to leader(at) aspenprague.cz.
For more information, click here.