Deadline: March 1, 2013
The King’s College London is now accepting applications for the King’s Africa Masters Scholarship
The Graduate School at King’s College London is offering x1 King’s Africa Masters Scholarship to students from Africa who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Masters or MPhilStud degree programme in any discipline at King’s College London commencing in the 2013/14 academic year.
Value of award
£5,000 one-off payment
- Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme or MPhilStud programme at King’s College London in the 2013/14 academic year;
- Be permanent residents of an African country at the time of application and be domiciled within Africa for the last 3 years, for purposes other than education;
- Not have previously studied outside of their home country;
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international/overseas (higher) rate;
- Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see details below);
- Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.
- Current postgraduate masters degree students are not eligible to apply;
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible;
- This award offers a one-off payment only;
- These studentships cannot be held on a part-time basis;
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
- Students who have previously studied outside of their home country are not eligible;
- Applicants are expected to possess/attain a first class or very good upper second class (2:1) honours degree for their undergraduate qualification;
- As the award is only partially funded, applicants must be able to confirm that they have/are seeking the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
For more information, click here.